After spending the summer of 2004 at a rented house in Palo Alto, the early Facebook team decamped to a new rented property on Westbrook Avenue in Los Altos, California.
Dubbed Casa Facebook, the company was based here from September 2004 to January 2005, during the period that site reached 1 million users for the first time and was still known as Thefacebook. Mark Zuckerberg lived here during this time, along with Dustin Moskovitz, Sean Parker and other early Facebook employees.
It was from here that Facebook moved into its first office in Palo Alto.
The corporate headquarters of electric carmaker and renewable energy technology company Tesla are located on Deer Creek Road on the Stanford Research Park in Palo Alto, California.
In addition to Tesla’s corporate offices, the site houses engineering and research staff and a powertrain manufacturing facility.
Tesla relocated here in 2009 from its previous headquarters in San Carlos. The complex was previously a manufacturing facility occupied by Hewlett-Packard and Agilent Technologies.
Foothills Park is only open to Palo Alto residents and their accompanied guests, and City of Palo Alto employees.
Proof of residency must be produced upon entry and when requested by an official in the park. A government-issued photo ID is required along with acceptable proof of residential address. A California driver license is ideal as it confirms both identity and address. Commercial addresses and addresses outside of Palo Alto city limits are not acceptable, including East Palo Alto, Stanford, Los Altos and Los Altos Hills.
The residency requirement dates back to the sale of the land to the City of Palo Alto in 1959 by Doctor Russel Lee, founder of the Palo Alto Medical Clinic, with a condition that it be preserved as open space. When Palo Alto’s proposal that the neighboring communities of Portola Valley and Los Altos Hills contribute towards the purchase was rejected, they imposed a residents-only policy when the park was opened in 1965.
In one exception to the rule, non-Palo Alto residents may hike into Foothills Park from Pearson Arastradero Preserve or Los Trancos Open Space Preserve as part of the Bay to Ridge Trail.
The longest seaside pier in Wales is Llandudno Pier, which has a total length of 2,295 feet (or 700 metres), of which the original main pier is 1,234 feet (or 376 metres).
Located on the North Wales coast and stretching out into the Irish Sea, Llandudno Pier was constructed over two years from 1876 and later extended landwards to the Promenade.
Trwyn Du Lighthouse was built in 1838 by Trinity House at the north entrance to the Menai Strait.
Situated at Penmon, the Isle of Anglesey’s easternmost point, the distinctive black and white banded circular stone tower lighthouse marks the passage for ships between the island and the nearby island of Ynys Seiriol (also known as Puffin Island).
Originally manned by two keepers, Trwyn Du became the first lighthouse to be automated by Trinity House in 1922.