The two windmills on the western edge of Golden Gate Park originally pumped groundwater for park irrigation. The Dutch Windmill, and the Murphy Windmill located to the south, were completed in 1903 and 1908 respectively and operated until 1913 when electric water pumps were introduced.
Both mills subsequently fell into disrepair but have since been restored with turning sails, and added to the San Francisco Designated Landmark list.
Drawn Stone by Andy Goldsworthy is at the de Young Museum in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park. The permanent outdoor sculpture is a man-made meandering crack that runs through pavers and large sandstone boulders leading to the museum’s entrance.