The Holland Tunnel emerges in Lower Manhattan parallel to Canal Street in the Tribeca neighborhood.
The road loops around Saint John’s Park, with right-lane exits in the following order:
- Exit 1: West Street (or West Side Highway 9A) via Laight Street
- Exit 2: Uptown via Hudson Street
- Exit 3: Brooklyn via Manhattan Bridge or Williamsburg Bridge
- Exit 4: Downtown via Varick Street
- Exit 5: Canal Street (East)
The Holland Tunnel carries Interstate 78 under the Hudson River between New Jersey and New York and is operated by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.