If you are moving to a new home in Manhattan, New York City, aim to set up utility accounts at least two weeks before your move-in date.
- Electricity in Manhattan is supplied by ConEdison and you can move or set up a new service online at coned.com or by phone on 1-800-752-6633. New customers require an ID number from a driver’s license, social security card, passport or similar to avoid paying a deposit.
- Gas in Manhattan is also supplied by ConEdison so you can set up an account at the same time as electricity. For renters, it is likely that rent includes gas so a supply account might not be required. Check with your landlord.
- Water services in Manhattan are provided by NYC Department of Environmental Protection. For renters, water charges are likely included in the rent so a supply account might not be required. Check with your landlord.
- Phone, Internet & TV packages are offered by various providers in Manhattan by cable, fiber and satellite, depending on what’s available at your building. A service technician appointment will likely be required for install.
- DISH – 1-888-656-2461
- DirecTV – 1-800-288-2020
- Charter Spectrum – 1-855-243-8892
- RCN – 1-800-746-4726
- Verizon – 1-800-837-4966