Saint Joan of Arc Chapel was moved to the Marquette University campus in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, during 1964 and 1965 from its previous location on Long Island, New York, after being gifted to the university by Marc and Lillian Rojtman.
The Rojtmans acquired it in 1962 as part the Graenan estate in Brookville, Long Island, previously owned by Michael Gavin and his wife, Gertrude Hill Gavin. Later that year, the French-style manor house on the property was destroyed by fire during restoration work, but the little chapel escaped damage. The Rojtmans offered the chapel to Marquette University, who accepted the gift, and it was dismantled and rebuilt on campus, and dedicated as St Joan of Arc Chapel on May 26, 1966.
It was the second such move for the chapel, with Gertrude Gavin having orchestrated its relocation to Graenan in 1927 from the village of Chasse-sur-Rhône, south of Lyon, France. Previously named Chapelle de St Martin de Seyssuel, it is believed to date from the early 15th century, and legend has it that Joan of Arc may have prayed at the chapel in 1429.